Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lifeline | Part III

Clayton Austin on his Facebook Page: "It seems everyone has a different idea of what becoming a "successful" photographer is. To some, its simply making a living doing what you love and to others its winning a prestigious award or being published. What does it mean to you??"

 

He pretty much summed up my "busy" season in one single Facebook status update. What does it mean to me?? Or had I lost that, too??? Oh yeah! That was out the window sailing over the Dead Sea by now. I had surely lost that. And funny thing is, I knew it. 


I saw it in my work, and in my personal life. It was screaming at me, "What are you doing?!?!?!?!" "Where are you going????"  I didn't have answers, or really, I declined to answer.  Just plead the 5th.  Nobody will know.  Not even me.  I'll create this fun little bubble in which I will float happily around.  That sucker popped, and it popped hard. 



Thankfully.

 

If there is ever a disappointment in the world of arts, its got to be the art of not progressing. The idleness is like a skin eating bacteria. It will eat you alive and suck you dry. (excuse the grossness, but tis oh so true).

Thankfully.

 

Otherwise, we wouldn't push ourselves outside the box, and as a creative artist, that's our heartbeat... its what keeps the creative river of life flowing.  It may not always be clean, but its function-able. May not always be reliable, but its treatable. 


I was treatable.

 

Thankfully.


So here I am... Changes on the rise that I couldn't be happier about!


As each day goes by, you'll read a post on what change is coming yours and my way.

As always, I thank you all for your continued support and love!



....to be continued.


1 comment:

  1. OMG. I HAD THIS AWESOME LONG COMMENT..AND THE INTERNET AT WORK...ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhh :/

    ugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...i can't believe i lost that comment.. ugggghhhhhhhhhh...lol...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails