Friday, December 17, 2010

New Year. New Beginnings.

Today, and I dropped my daughter off at school for her last day before Christmas Break, I walked by the ginormous weathered chalk board hanging on the wall that read, "See you Jan.3, 2011!"  The "2011" was written slightly more apparent than the rest of the wording.

It then hit me.
2010 is almost over.


Somewhere between the passing of that chalk board, and me reaching to open my car door, 2010 and its entirety flashed before my eyes.  The good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly.

And in just a few short days, our wall/desk/planner calendar will open its arms wide with love, hope, peace, and many many unknowns and what if's. We will say hello to 2011 whether we like it or not.


It truly is amazing how time flies.  Seems like just yesterday I was toasting Ocean Spray grape juice with my hubby and little princess at 12am cst.  Seems like just yesterday, a lot of things happened.  Things that I never in my wildest dreams ever imagined happening, but here we are... on the brink of 2011...about to dive head first into a 365 day abyss.


Not sure what to think quite yet, but for now, I'll settle for enjoying the rest of whatever 2010 may bring, and I'll work on warming myself up for 2011's warm embrace.





HUGE Love!
XoXo
-Casey

1 comment:

  1. I have somewhat been in a daze for 12 months and now...2011...I need to snap out of it and get back to it! :D

    Thank You for the last year! I have had fun, learned, read, cried, rejoiced, celebrated, prayed, worshiped, praised,smiled,felt loved, warm, and accepted as well as laughed, listened and enjoyed and even met new people with you and because of you! You are still in my life for a very Godly reason. I can't leave you and I can't forget you ever!!! Thank You. Even though we rarely see eachother or really ever actually "talk" in person, I feel like I see you and talk to you everyday! Maybe in 2011 we can make it a point to meet up more and have some face time!!! :D I told Kathy I would meet with her as well...we should try! :D It might be fun!!! lol.

    Love you. Many MANY MANY MORE Blessings for you, Jr, Aislynn, your momma and dad, and your beautiful sisters in this new year!!! :D

    I can't wait to see what the 365 days have in store for us Casey!!!! It's been an amazing year NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!! :D

    Praise Him my beautiful and Faith filled friend!!!!

    I could go on and on and on but I don't think I have room here!!!! LOL!!! :D


    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails