Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Year. New Resolutions. (Career)

2010. 

My first year in business. 

My first year of many...
laughs. 
bawl fests.
perfect smiles.
cheesy grins.
and beautiful souls.


I wouldn't have had it any other way.  Its been quite a journey, and I've taken some paths which were long, some fun, and some which ended too soon. Nonetheless, I've walked them, and haven't looked back.  Despite the doubts, I've kept my head up.  Despite the late late nights of editing and re-editing, I've eventually caught up.  Despite the loss of my lens cap a trillion and one times, my glass is as clean as it was on its birthday.


Despite everything. Despite it all, I am thankful.
Blessed.
Humbled.
Grateful.

To everyone.
Thank you for sharing your special moments with me. 
Thank you for inviting me into your home, into your lives, and into your heart.
Thank you for creating a spark in my creative being.
Thank you for inspiring that spark.
Thank you for keeping that spark alive.


Thank you!

[in no particular order]

#1. Shoot at least one picture (series) a day.
(and then blog it weekly)


#2.  Re-read my manual.
I need a re-freshen-upper.


#2.5.  Re-discover the HD video mode.
I wanna have some extra fun!


#3.  Build a studio.
From home, that is.  Its in the works, and I've been doing lots of research.
I'm excited!


#4. Dedicate more time to my Boudoir work.
I miss it.


#5. No scheduling on Sunday's before 1pm.
I've missed church for quite some time, now, and although, I'm grateful for being busy, priorities need to be in check.  I'm not here because of me and my D300s. I'm here because He put me here.


#6.  Go on a missionary trip.
My dream. I can't even begin to describe the feelings I anticipate on describing!


#7. Try some underwater goodness.
How fun. How creative. How excited. How about killing 2 birds with 1 stone?
"Working" and having fun! Oh wait, I do that already. haha


#8.  Attend a workshop.
Any workshop will do! I love to learn, and meet new people!


#9. Continue befriending some amazing local photographers.
They're inspiring, and a hoot to be around!


#10. Second-shoot @ a wedding.
Never done this, but I can imagine it would oh so fun!
Any takers willing to drag me along???
(being serious, here! I'd love to!)




And the lovely things I want/need/desire/drool over:

* Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8
* Nikkor 105mm Macro (extra droolage going on over here)
* Studio Lighting (I'll take some of those hawttt pink Alien Bee's please)
* Backdrops and props (I'm always on the hunt!)
*SD Card holder (I've been meaning to get one for quite some time, now.)
*A Fish Eye
*Nikkor 35mm 1.8
* Nikon Coolpix s8100 12.1 megapixel
*Old cameras. I don't care if they work, but I plan on doing something fabulous with them when I've gathered enough.
*Photojojo (its an amazing book with amazing ideas, which I plan to implement in my new living space)
*A home filled with photos. Ev-er-y-where.


I can go on, but I won't bore you. haha
But basically I'm picky and dig a sexy piece of glass (ahem Nikon). =]
Thanks again everyone for making this first year the best year, yet!
Hugs and kisses to you all!




HUGE LOVE!
XoXo
-Casey <3

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are wonderful Casey! Keep it going. Maybe I'll do a photoshoot with you one day - maybe because I'm a bit camera shy! But I'd think it'd be fun nonetheless.

    Anyway, I hope you achieve all your goals for the new year :D I should be thinking of mine haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails