Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Year. New Resolutions. (Life)



As we get older, I think it become more and more apparent that life is funny, and God does indeed have a sense of humor.  This is I dig, but sometimes, I wish He wouldn't trust me so much. 

This past year has been anything but slow, dull, and boring.
Its been the COMPLETE opposite, and at this point, I'm pretty sure I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Wait. Let me check.

Okay. yeah. no.


Life has thrown me, personally, some nasty curve balls, but you know what?  I love it.

I love that God loves me enough, to put me through everything I have been through. I love how He has laid out my cards.  I love how He's never, not even once, left my side. I might have left his from time to time, but never. I repeat, NEVER, has He led me astray.  And this is why although life gets harder, it also just keeps getting better and better.

I'm stronger than I was yesterday, and the day before, and the day before.

As I type, yep, I'm breathing. 
God isn't done with me yet, and I know I say this A LOT, but I'm oodles and coodles excited about His plans for me.

I think the toughest part of this year has probably had to have been reminding myself that there is a greater plan and a much greater purpose; one that is far beyond anything I could possibly fathom.

Just thinking back on this year, I guess I kinda chuckle.  Thinking back on any particular situation and how miserable, hurt, angry, bitter, you name it... eventually, I did overcome it, and I moved on, and got through it. Okay, its more of a proud chuckle, I guess, but a chuckle nonetheless.  Okay, and possibly a tear or two.

I am blessed.
Simply blessed.
Beyond blessed.
Incredibly blessed.

And for this reason:
Jesus loves me.
This I know.
For the Bible tells me so.

And so does He...
every.
single.
day.


And because of his underlying, unconditional love, I wanna give this vessel a cleaning, and shine it up for a brand new spanking year.  For brand new opportunities. For brand new beginnings. For brand new endings.  Now, I'm not talking about squeaky clean, cause then I'd be starting from scratch, but instead, I want to be polished and look my best for Him.  I can at least do that much for that man that died for the world's sins.

I want to open my heart further.
And I want Him to continue to test me and my faith. 
I'm curious to see where it'll all take me.


I'm not going to write a list, cause well, I'd be here all.day.everyday. 
And well, that's the point of a blog isn't it. lol

So with that being said, I hope you'll join me in 2011.
Because yes, one of my resolutions is to blog more.




Happy 2011!
Many many blessings to you and your family!





HUGE LOVE!
XoXO
-Casey <3

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love this series!!! And that song...well you already know!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails