Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Art Box | Check It!

If you're like me, you love to keep anything and everything.  Borderline hoarding if you will.  But I keep anything and everything for very very good reason.

You see, when I was young, I had zillions and zillions of costume jewelry accessories.  Had them in all colors of the rainbow.  I also used to sport Buick-size hair bows.  I had dainty little ruffle socks, and even had bells attached to my frilly dresses.  I rocked the latest Burger King crown, and sassafras-ed with the latest Barbie's.

I remember all of this childhood goodness...  Some of it, my mother has cherished and stored in a box especially for me.  My sisters have their own box of childhood goodies as well. I've even started one for my hubby. (He'll thank me later, I'm sure of this.)

When I was a teenager, I had a teenybopper infatuation with childhood play things.  I enjoyed continuing my costume jewelry accessorizing, purchasing Barbie dolls, and buying cute hair bows.  Some of which I bought, never used, but instead, saved.


And for good reason...
These are now my daughter's play things, hair bows, and sassy accessories.  I had even saved a spoon and fork set that I had bought a few years back, before I had even met my husband.  These, my daughter now uses during mealtime.  It brings a smile to my heart.  I know that when she grows older, I will be able continue to be able share the childhood goodness with her, and she will do the same whenever she, herself, has kiddos.

Yes, all of this is materialistic, but I figure why not enjoy it as much as we can before we leave it behind?  Why not cherish these memories, and wonder what memories that beautiful porcelain doll had, or those squeaky clean patent leather shoes had?  While dreaming of such possible memories, the imagination soars.  Especially, when you have a photograph to give it some backbone.  I remember those squeaky clean patent leather shoes... in those shoes, on my 1st Birthday, I gave the kitchen tile floor a huge hug.  (clumsiness has always been in my blood)


Aislynn is a 3yr old artist.  I say artist, because I believe in my heart you don't have to hold the professional status to claim the status.  Artistry, is creativity authored by your heart and soul.  This, I see whenever Aislynn picks up a paint brush, marker, or a pair of scissors.  I thoroughly enjoy watching her imagination come to life on paper. Soon enough, unfortunately, it became where I had no room left to display her work.  Because her creativity continues to flow like Niagara Falls, I had to think of something, and on a trip to Ikea, I found my answer...

A box.
Yes, a simple box.


I can't wait to fill these up, and buy more!
Now, I can store her work, keep it dust free, and its all in one single place.  =]


Check them out, here!
They are fairly inexpensive, and for the price, they are pretty darn sturdy!   They have them in a variety of shapes and size as well as colors and styles, too.  (I, personally, got red floral ones to compliment the theme of our bedroom.)


Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/80  ISO 160

Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/80  ISO 160





Artistry, cute storage, and HUGE love!
XoXo
-Casey <3

2 comments:

  1. ok..this is the 3rd time I type this..my internet is whack today! lol....I will check these out....I have to get ORGANIZED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO! I hate when that happens. Like whyyy on earth can't I email you back?? The email gods are after me, I tell you!

    And yesss! check them out! They're pretty and productive! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails