Monday, August 23, 2010

Its just a number, anyway. | Mommy-ville Monday's

I don't claim to have patience.
I mean, if I actually DID have patience, I would totally toot my own horn. BUT, I don't.  Never have, and probably never will.  THIS I am not equipped with.  Although, I'm sure if I dig deep down inside, it is there somewhere, however it doesn't ever desire to actually be put to use.

Puzzles require patience.
[[wait for it...wait for it...]]


I enjoy puzzles.  [[you see?  told ya it was there, somewhere. =D]]
Working them oddly relaxes my mind, and like painting, its therapeutic. My mind wanders, and my thoughts drift.  This is my quiet time.  This is my "pondering life" moments.  Not to mention, this is when I get to actually make something from scratch, seeing as I don't do that when I cook.

For my daughter, its a race. Go figure, right? 
A race against time. She works puzzles together like nothing.  It simply amazes me.  My daughter, who is learning patience, enjoys puzzles.  This makes me smile.

We bought Aislynn her first puzzle when she was less than a year old.  Now, remembering how old she was when she actually played with it, is quite really, beyond me.  However, I do remember one night before bed when she was not even 2 years old, I put a 10 piece puzzle in front of her.  It was the kind where the cut out was already predetermined on an actual board.  She put the entire puzzle together with little to no trouble at all.  I praised her, and from that moment on, girlfriend works puzzles like a 3yr old genius.  I say this because the 100 pc. puzzle she put together (in less than an hour and half) last week said "7+."

It's just a number.
The "7+", anyway.
Why they put an age limit on toys, I don't completely understand. Yeah, "small parts" and whatnot, but if you're old enough to put together a 100 pc. puzzle, I would pretty much imagine that you're old enough not to use each piece as a chew toy.


Just because a certain toy says X+ years, doesn't mean your child is confined to play with his/her "age group" of toys.  Push his/her learning boundaries.  I promise, you'll be nothing short of surprised!  Kids are smarter than we think. A lot smarter, actually.


Is YOUR kid smarter than a 7+ year old?
Yep. I thought so!


Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/250 ISO 160


Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/250 ISO 160


Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/250 ISO 160




Patience, cognitive learning, and HUGE love!
XoXo.
--Casey <3

6 comments:

  1. Stepping outside the box! I love that. Way to go Aislynn! :D

    Santi doesn't play with his toys..lol...he's more entertained with empty out cabinets, drawers and toy bins..lol...HE'S AN EXPLORER, LOL...boys I tell you.It's like he's actually looking for something..but never find it..lol.. HE CAN WATCH SHREK ALL DAY! LOL. And he eats ants...totally not as bad as it sounds..lol..But you better believe I'm going to pay more attention to that age thing from now on..lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's exactly how Aislynn used to be as well! And she couldn't stand cartoons... it was kinda weird. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're all so proud of her. who knows, maybe she is a child genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sometimes I don't get the age limit. I think it's just suggested for kids overall, like a just in case thing. Yeah they can warn about small pieces, but I think most of the responsibility is on the parent - whether or not they think their kid can attempt to play with it, without sticking it in their mouth and choking haha.

    Your daughter is so smart! I love puzzles too. I plan on finding one that I like and perhaps gluing it together (with that puzzle glue stuff) and putting it in a picture frame. Maybe you can do that with her on like a hard puzzle that she likes that she does on her own or with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the age limit is def kinda funny.

    and omg! Edeline! You have read my mind!!! I actually saved the 100 pc. she did. I've gotta go and purchase the glue and frame next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails