Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When God Shows Up... | Aislynn's Corner

This past week, God has shown up quite a bit in my life... or really, I should say, I've paid closer attention. You see, its not always God's job to let it be physically known that He is with us.  Its our job, as His son or daughter to recognize His very presence, and without a special relationship with Him, its becomes difficult to do so. So, what are we to do?

As you read in yesterday's blog, life has been anything but.  Crazy, frantic, stressful... I can go on.  Its been tough, I won't lie.  I wear a smile as often as I can, because when it comes down to it all, I am truly thankful, but sometimes its hard to remember the thankfulness throughout life's up's and down's.  I have a roof over my head, and a family that loves me dearly, however, I feel like, I, personally have to come to a crossroad in my life, and right now, I'm kinda stuck... sitting like a duck in the middle of the freeway with crazy Houston drivers flying passed me.  Waiting, I guess... but for what??  An invitation from God to turn that frown upside down?  For Him to fully carry me to my next destination??  Yes, God is with us ALWAYS, however we must remember that without work and effort coming from our end, God can't use us to our full ability.  We're only half as good as we should be... as we're destined to be.  So what am I waiting for?

The answer is quite simple, ya know?

I need to try... harder.



So lately, I've been thinking that its time to reconnect with the Man upstairs. I've been missing Him, and I know He's been missing me. I hate when I do this to Him...

This past Friday, I took my sweet Aislynn to McDonald's to grub on a not-so-healthy cheeseburger and fries, and then afterward, I let her wear herself out in the PlayPlace.  Just that morning, I thought to myself, "Why haven't I been listening to my praise and worship as much as I used to?"  Instead, I've made CD's of my favorite club hits... the ones that make me wanna get up and shake my tush while burning some much needed calories.  But why, lately, hadn't I made a single CD of my favorite praise and worship music?  (This I am still working on, and is apart of my to-do list this week... I'll have a super list of songs ready for you guys by the end of the week. And no worries, I have awesome taste in music! =D )

Friday morning, instead of popping in my "workout jamz", I tuned in to the local Christian station here in Houston, 89.3 KSBJ.  Occasionally, switching back and forth to one of the popular Houston stations...

We arrived at McDonalds, ordered our food, and sat at a booth.  I looked up and found the news on... talking about how Obama doesn't or does represent his Christianity beliefs.  Okay, regardless of HIS beliefs, I thought to myself, "What about my own?  How am I to represent my faith, and not to others, but more so, to myself?  How do I continue to build this relationship with the Lord?" 

For me personally, music was the first true connection God and I first made.  It was while listening to praise and worship, when I became saved.  The lyrics to the song moved me, and ultimately led me to cry out to Him... I needed Him more than ever at that point in my life, and music reconnected me to His love.  I find that God talks to me countless times, over and over again, through music... I figure He knows this is the best and most efficient way to get my attention, and who am I to argue?


So anywhooo, back to McDonald's... As I tuned out the news, I looked up and saw the Praise and Worship leader from our church walk in the door. Are you kidding me?? Of all places and times?  Here and now, there he was.  Wow.  Okay...  That's pretty cool!

After eating, Aislynn and I ventured off into to the PlayPlace.  She ran to play, as I sat down and pulled out my book.  A book that's been in my purse since, I can't even remember how long.  Whenever, I'm out and about, and some quite time sneaks its way in, I sit and read this book.  I looked at the title, and read, "When God Shows Up."
"Wow," I thought, "never more true, than now."

I opened it, and get this...  the title of the chapter I last left off was titled, "When We Miss What God is Doing in Another Person. "  Ummm... Okay... goosebumps.   If that wasn't a super sign from God, then I have lots of e'splainin' to do.  How boldly God approached me that day.  How awesome.  And how amazing.

So there ya have it...
When I least expected it, God showed up. But since I was aware, and willing to make that effort, He not only showed up, but also showed out, not once, but a total of 3 times all within a 20 minute period.

Think back...
Perhaps God has spoken to you at a particular time or was present on a particular occasion.... Were you able to recognize Him?  If not then, then maybe, perhaps now?  The time in the grocery store, that moment at the stoplight, the walk to the mailbox.

Think back, and I bet you'll remember...


Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/250 ISO 160


Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/250 ISO 160
 

McDonald's, Music, and HUGE love!
XoXo
-Casey <3

2 comments:

  1. GOOD-NESS. Seems like you and I are always on the same path. Yes... we don have to place forth bigger and greater efforts for His sacrifce was so GREAT we should try to live up to it! :D

    You know I LOVE MY KSBJ! I can't listen to anything else....Ricardo even knows songs that I have NEVER heard! :D I don't care...I shake my rear to God's heavenly word! :D And I love it. Haven't been out dancing in a LONG time but it DOESN'T bother me anymore...I dance at home with the two MOST AMAZING men in my life! Night life and the "real world" ain't got nothin' on them! :D

    You must know that God comes at the most unexpected times, to the most unexpected places...and AS You know...as I speak..I am learning from what God is doing in another person!

    LOVE THIS POST.

    We are some how on the absolute SAME PAGE right now.

    Thanks!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sistaasss from another mistaaa! Fa sho!
    Love you, Connie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails