Friday, August 27, 2010

Walking with a twist. | Fat Girl Slim Friday's

Let's be honest, here.
I've never enjoyed working out.
Never.

In fact, I hate it. (yes hate)

I hate to sweat.
I have a bad knee.
The girls bounce around a little too much.
My hair never seems to stay up and out of my face.
No matter how many knots I tie in my shoes, they always come undone.
I'm a fast paced kinda gal... If I'm doing any ONE thing for too long, I get bored.
Not to mention, I don't enjoy the squishing of my rolls together.(although this is somewhat motivation)



But, the clouds opened up, and God said...
Enough!

My remedy has finally come.

A remedy so true at which, I first, didn't believe.

A 5 mile walk in just about an hour's time.
Sayyyy whatt???

Yep!  5 miles in just about an hour.
Although, I'm crazy busy during the day, I can def work in a 3-5 mile walk everyday.
I have to.
I must.
PLUS, you don't even have to walk outside and endure the oven temperatures or battle with those pesky mosquitoes!!!

Exercising is important. Yeah yeah... I know.
But really, its taken me a long while to accept the fact that I MUST exercise every single day without fail. My body depends on it.  I depend on my body.  And my family depends on me.  Even if I simply do a mile a day, its a mile more than I would have done.

So, this past Tuesday, I began my walk, and I must say, its def something I will try my very hardest to continue! I encourage all those, "I hate exercising" peeps to join me!  Join me in walking at least a mile a day!  Trust me, you'll be glad you did, and that lovely beating heart of yours will surely thank you.

Wake up early.
Walk, which in turn gets that metabolism working.
And tadaaaaaa, you're on your way to healthy living!

Promise!

Its walking, yes, but with a twist.  Its a full power walk with all sorts of goodies weaved into it. Plus, you can up the intensity by simply putting a little pep into your step.  I wanna think of it kinda like Zumba, but maybe a notch below.  (speaking of... I wish the Zumba DVD's had "actual" songs on them... not "off brand" music. lol)

So here ya go, check it out!



[[btw. I don't use any of this other mumbo jumbo. 
At least not yet, I don't. However, I do incorporate the 3lb weights during the walk. 
And I am surely thinking about adding a weights workout once I drop below the 200 line. For now, cardio is my BFF.]]
  

Shot in Manual Mode:
F1.8 1/160 ISO180


 
Shot in Manual Mode: 
F1.8 1/160 ISO180



Shot in Manual  Mode:
F18.8 1/160 ISO500


Anddddd just a few of me working out! haha!
This is a real treat for ya, I know. lol

Walking. Watching DVD. Snapping the shutter. A great combo, I tell ya!




Btw. All images were taken with my celly.
Ps. Taking these pics was def more challenging than it looks.


btw. I did a total of 6 miles, today.
3 this morning.
3 after dinner.




So, whooooooo's walkin' with me???


Sweat, miles, and HUGE Love!
XoXo
-Casey. <3

4 comments:

  1. I have to go back and catch up on a couple of days here been trying to keep up with it all again..lol.... BUT WANTED TO SAY....proud of you! I won't be able to recognize you when I see you again...GO CASEY! Love you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walk away the pounds! It's awesome even if Leslie is a little annoying at times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate. My bad ankle, the hair issue and constantly tying shoe laces haha. I laughed when I read your list because it sounds just like me.

    Anyway, you are making good progress. You are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I sure hope so, Connie! And I won't be looking THAT much different since I'm seeing you THIS weekend. LOL

    LMBO!!! OMG! Ashley, her laugh! hahaha her laugh.... She's def one of a kind, but she's awesome! Great motivation! And she doesn't lie about the reps! lol


    haha I complain a lot, Edeline. It seems to make me feel better at times. lol And thank you very much for the motivation! Really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails