Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy Little Bee | Momma-ville Monday

This weekend was def one of THOSE weekends.  Ya know the kind where you shop till you drop?  The kind where at the end of the day, you FINALLY get home, get out of your car, open your trunk, and then naturally sigh heavily.  Why?  Because you have a million and one bags to carry.  Then you test your Super Mom strength and try to carry ALL of the million and one bags so you don't have to make that ONE more trip back out to the car?

Yeah, it was one of those weekends!



Unloaded the trunk of the car, separated the groceries from the toiletries, and the clothes, from the toys/gifts...
by this time, I have NO room to put anything I just bought.

Okay...time to REORGANIZE, yet again. Reorganizing is fun, but when you get to the point that you just have NO more room for your reorganizing ideas and skills, something's is def not right.

So I figure, okay, well I have no choice BUT to reorganize, cause I can't standddddd my counters with ANYTHING on them, but maybe 2 or 3 items.  Clutter puts me in the nastiest mood, and I wanna pull my hair out. It just drives me up the wall...I can't even begin to express the agony I feel when faced with a counter/dresser/desk/bed full of STUFF.


You see, I used to be badddddd about organization, so bad that I think I actually border lined OCD.

I liked the electronic remotes lined up EXACTLY from tallest to shortest.
The window curtains HAD to be opened (and lined up) EXACTLY on a certain part of the blinds.
Windows blinds HAD to be opened (this is STILL a must. I love natural light, and I'd live in a glass house I could).
Pictures on the fridge door had their EXACT place. (I freaked out once cause ONE pictures was "missing." I had forgotten I had given it to my mother)
Bathroom decorations had to be slanted, positioned in the EXACT way I designed them to be.
Kitchen cooking appliances (kept in a stand up holder) had to be positioned to look like they "bloomed"... measuring cups had to be on the RIGHT side ALWAYS.


Mmkk...before you think I need a visit to the crazy house, I think you get my drift...
Basically, it just got to a point, where I would even get upset with my poor husband for not putting stuff back the way I wanted it.

::weirdo::  (its okay to agree)

I prayed and prayed for God to heal my crazy organizational spaz attacks.
And in NO time, He sure did.


Now, its been SOME time, and I've COMPLETELY forgotten who that person was.
I have absolutely NO signs or traces of her left.

Bad.
Lazy.
PRO-crastination.  (hence the "pro")

Stuff is everywhere, and I mean everywhere.
My dresser has turned into this catch-off for whatever.  (this bugs me when I look at it, so I tend to avoid it)
My bathroom sink looks like it lost a war to hairspray, lotion, and hair ties.
My desk stays clean for all of ONE day.

::AHH! Enough, this list is def not helping my sanity for the day!!!!::




Okay, back to the end of my shopping trip.
Here I am, with NO where to successfully organize my load of to-do items.



Time management.
I have a 3 year old, and a husband that works over 70 hours a week.
There is NO excuse for not staying busy, and not being able to be organized.

The Bible says the home should be a place of rest and peace.  It also says your home should be a happy place for your hubby to come home to...he shouldn't have to dread it, and well...neither should you since, if you're like me, a full time mommy, you're actually living AND working there.

(It amazes me that I have yet to lose my sanity due to the "mess" of STUFF. I'm certain this would have put me in the ground before.)


So, I figured if I learned ANYTHING in "College  101" it was the NEED in everyone's life to manage their time. Its a must. A MUST. A NEED.  Without it, life is chaos, but with it... well, a clean home is a happy home. While in those thoughts, I added, "okay...that's my blog for tomorrow!"  Well, I woke up this morning and one of my FAVE bloggers wrote about, yes, you guessed it, ORGANIZING and TIME MANAGEMENT!  YAY!!


Without further a due:
CHECK IT!


http://thecreativemama.com/a-daily-routine-recycled/


 ::hehe::



OCD, clutter, and HUGE LOVE!
XoXo
-Casey <3

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will check this link/blog out.

    I too USED to be organized. Room wise. When I try to clean it out to reorganize everything, it just seems to get messier and messier >.< Now that I've started a new job and stuff, I figured I should work harder to keep my room clean.

    I can relate to walking outside to carry more bags inside. I try to carry everything in one trip. When I was younger and I helped my mom unload, I tried to take as much as possible to where I dropped a gallon of milk and it splattered everywhere haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie...I mean....Casey..lol.... girl I tell you.

    I have always been "organized" never to the point of freaking out about things...butttt sooooooo understand you. I freak out cause I know how un-oragnzed I am and get mad at myself....these days..I am SO scatter brain and well....playing single mom that time management is a must....as for being organized...yes...I have to be that as well.... Now with Santiago...things are SO different...but def agree with our home needing to be our place of peace and rest that NO one dreads coming tooooo! :D I am dreading tonight.... wish I had a housekeeper, babysitter and cook....ESPECIALLY now that Ricardo is not home.... :/ But Santi and I pull through and get'er'done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Edeline!
    And don't feel bad about the milk.
    3 years ago, I did this with a brand new carton of eggs. haha I was prego, so that was my excuse. haha


    You're almost there, Connie! Ricardo will home before you know it! Just hang in there a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails