Monday, July 19, 2010

Subjects for Subjects | Momma-ville Monday (Morning)

For those that had the pleasure of hanging out with me on Myspace about...ohhh...a year or so back, know that I used to blog quite often. I miss those days, so why not reunite and give my thoughts and writing a resurrection?
So, that's exactly what I plan on doing...


Subjects for subjects.
Each day, I'll have something new going on... well duh, right? lol
Let me rephrase that, each day, I'll talk about a different subject.
Wait...let me try one more time (as I get used to actually blogging again lol - its okay to laugh. i promise.)
O. KAY.
So. I've compiled a list of topics. Each day, of each week, I will be blogging about this specific topic. (sound better??? cause right now, well, that's all I've got) Unless of course my extreme random brain cells say otherwise, which yes, is very likely.  But anywho, here's sorta kinda how I have it played out in my this loco head of mine. I mean why on earth must I blog about NOTHING but photography??? What blog nazi came up with THAT idearrr??  I mean hellooo, would there be a need for photography without the inspiration of the world around us?? Um. yeah, no.  How would we find our personal style without engaging in all aspects of photography... photography isn't just about putting the camera up to your face and taking a great shot, but instead, its about seeing the world with your YOUR lenses...YOUR eyes.  Its about taking a great shot with your mind, your thoughts, your feelings, your heart. I'm inspired by so so so much, and to be able to share that in more ways than one, well...I hope I can achieve this... by blogging, that is. At least I can only hope. If not, well my life is a soap opera anyway, and I guarantee its full of pure entertainment! Promise!


So I'ma take it on back. Hit that pause button for a minute, and take in all the day has to bring me, whether good or bad, happy or sad. I mean, c'mon, yes I'm behind the camera almost 100% of time (unless I strategically take the pic myself), I KNOW it can be intimidating, and when you've got somebody who you've never really quite met before, and you're trusting THEM to take your picture all while making you look like well, YOU (that's ultimately what we really want right??? It def should be. Otherwise, I'm not the photographer for you).  For those few hours as you strip away the craziness of life, you're there, before me, completely vulnerable. My job as a photographer isn't just to capture random people in nice clothes. No. My job is to capture your heart and soul. Capture who you REALLY are. What makes you, YOU.  Now, how in the world could I possibly ask SO much from my clients, when they know very little about me? So like you are vulnerable in front of the camera, I am vulnerable behind the camera. My heart and my soul, like yours, is just as exposed. YOU inspire me to do my "job." Without you and your amazing and unique personality, I might as well pack my camera, and head on out. Why would anybody want pictures of "themselves" not being themselves?? What kinda memories are those?? :: pft ::  Just as you invite me into your "personal space", I invite you right on back to mine.  I'd like you to know what I'm all about... how I roll, cause I WILL roll to your session in sweats, a t-shirt, and a baseball cap. You are more than just a subject or a job, you're my next inspiration. So please, when coming to a session, don't forget your heart, and I promise not to forget mine!

So come on over, grab a cup of coffee tea (I'm def not and never will be a coffee drinker), sit back, relax, and enjoy my "so called life". And please do not hesitate to leave comments. I love me some comments! I love feedback! So please, feel free!


 Without, further delay, here's the week's line up! [[Starting tomorrow]]


Monday | Momma-ville
Tuesday | Check It!
Wednesday | Aislynn's Corner (girlfriend's got skills!)
Thursday | Halle-lu-JAH! ("JAH!" Not "YAH!" Thanks Aunt June for the thought! hehe)
Friday | Fat Girl Slim (yes you read right.)
Saturday | Meet the Griswald's Ayala's
Sunday | Holy Rollin' to Heaven's Gates


Now what each of these mean, well, I'ma torture ya, and you're just gonna have to come on back to check it out! Which, of course, I hope you do! I'll also be inviting other bloggers to come and share their stories, which I hope all you bloggers will participate in! C'mon, don't be shy, now.=D

I'll also be tagging my camera info on each image I take (with my DSLR) and post. (this helped/helps me better understand the ("correct") and I use quotations bc it really just depends on what type of mood you're aiming for in your image.) exposure. btw. Histogram rocks my socks!

ALSOOOO! I now have a little box where you can simply type in your e-mail addy if you'd simply like to religiously follow my blog.  No need for coming back and checking everyday (cause, well I'd forget too).  This will allow my blog to POP (yes pop) in yo inbox! Yippee for awesome technology! You'll find this little box located on the top right hand corner underneath my pretty little picture (yes, that's me. HI!). Go check it out! Its waiting for you! Yep, just for YOU! =D

Have a SUPERRRR blessed, Monday!
I pray its not a MANIC one.





Random subjects & Huge love!
XoXo
-Casey <3

4 comments:

  1. LooooOVE IT. (Literally Yelling...alone in the office...so much fun! lol)

    Can't wait!!!!

    Didn't know you weren't a coffee drinker..ME EITHER...yay! lol. Just one more thing about you AND I!!!! :D

    Love you! :D

    HAVE A FANTABULOUS AND MIGHTY BLESSED WEEK!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO! Don't yell too loud. Peeps might think you're crazy. lol

    And yeah, coffee is so disgusting. yuck.
    However, I DO love the smell. =]


    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that you have to say about life and photography! Adding you to my reading list now! :) Can't wait to stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sabrina!! New at this, so who know what the next blog post will be about! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails