Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Infront of the Camera. | Hallelujah Tuesday

 [[Hallelujah Tuesday's are all about testimonies, personal experiences, and encouragement! If you'd like to offer your testimony to readers (and be featured here on my blog), please contact me! You don't have to be a blogger, just a real live human being with a story to tell!]]



Sayyy whattt??? ME in FRONT of the camera??? NAHHHHH!
YEP!  Jr and I are having professional pictures taken by the breathtaking Clayton Austin. Love Stories. come February of next year.  I must admit, while in the stars with excitement, I am a complete nervous WRECK!  I love directing others into the perfect "pose", but me??? I don't really even know where to begin. I'm the hand on the hip, prissy smile kinda gal...in every. single. picture. YEP. That's me!  For this shoot, the vulnerability is WAY up! Sky high, if you will. If you take a look at Clayton's work, you'll see how intimate the mood is.  Kinda scary right???? I mean, we have to be "intimate" while a stranger is all up in our grill with a camera.  Oh lawd.

Btw. yes, I'm freaking out even though we're only in the month of July.  You see, I'm sort of a perfectionist, and I like to plan as early as I possibly can.  For instance Aislynn's birthday isn't until October 31 (yes, Halloween), and I decided yesterday I will start planning mid- August if not the first of August.  I'm one of those who will plan and plan, and then when things don't go MY way, I'm filled with disappointment.  This habit, I am trying to break.  And THIS is why I love my hubby so...he's the complete opposite.  Which brings me to the inspirational aspect of our upcoming session...

Clayton send me an email this past weekend asking for a guide towards possible inspiration. Mmk, I thought. EASY! I do this with my client's too, and I DEF already have a zillion answers for him. I anxiously opened his email, and after reading his last question, my thoughts came to a complete halt.  He simply asked, "What are some things that connect you to one another?" Umm say what??? I thought and I thought, and I thought. Not one thing came to mind other than the love for eating out. ::facepalm::  I thought to myself, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????? WHY THE HECK CAN'T I THINK OF ONEEEE SINGLE CONNECTION???? ... this is bad. This is bad. bad. bad." After contemplating it for a while, and desperately seeking Jr's opinion hoping with all my heart, he had the answer (again disappointment)... He too, couldn't think of a single thing besides yep, you guessed it, FOOD (amongst other GUY things. ugh)!! Wow. We've been married almost 3 full years, together 4+, and have a child, and that's ALL he's got! Suddenly the rush of, "OMG! What kind of couple are we??? How are we even married? And even more, how the heck have we managed to continuously be happy?? How are we STILL together?? Where the heck is that romantic spark everyone speaks of??"  I mean, Clayton's question REALLY took a toll on me that morning. So much, that in fact, 5 minutes from being ready to head out the door to run errands, I was ready to tell Jr, "Um. I'm not feeling too well, and I have a lot to get done... I think I'm just gonna stay in for the day. You can go ahead and take Aislynn out..." Why? So I could sit in bed all day, and ponder our happy connecting marriage.  ::slaps myself::


Immediately after, it dawned on me.




He's the cheese to my mac. (Juno got this from ME. I am the queen of MAC. Real talk)
The butter (bc I don't like peanut butter) to my jelly.
The yin to my yang.
My kinda perfect.


We're the opposites that MATCH.
And through our opposite "connections", we def CONNECT.
We compromise and compliment each other.

Just as I am a FULL BLOWN OUT PLANNER of events, he's a go with the flow kinda guy...one that makes the best of whatever the situation.  I love him because of this.  In almost every aspect of our personalities, we're the opposite of each other.  Although I REALLY don't enjoy watching sports on ESPN, I would def LOVE to actually attend a game. (May even hear me shout to the referee for a bad call)  Although I'm into crafts and getting creative, Jr can sure tie curling ribbon like no other!  Although he doesn't get into music AS much as I do, he still enjoys is, and feels special when I dedicate a song to him.

Everything CONNECTS us together. Why? Because, we ARE TOGETHER. Doesn't matter what we're doing or where we're at, as long as we're together, we're happy and very much in love.  And the MOST important connection we DO have, is OUR FAITH.  Our marriage isn't just the two of us, its the THREE of us; God, Jr, and myself.  We are blessed.  We are in love.  And we ARE CONNECTED.


<3


Pictures, smiles, and HUGE HUGE LOVE!
XoXo
-Casey <3

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Casey! I read this post and kind of got emotional. This is how I feel about my boyfriend. You don't know why you connect or make each other happy, but there's something there....yes food makes us connect too! I loved reading this blog. It just made me so happy. I agree with opposites attracting. My bf is totally laid back- but I think that's a guy thing in general. You know how I am with my OCD. But, we balance each other out and I've taken a liking to his interests...ie. ESPN, football, Texas Country music.

    Great blog!

    ~Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. YES. You are eachother's "squishy"... lol. (Sorry 10 month old and over load of Nemo at home)

    Very sweet Casey. Don't see how you could have freaked out..you and Jr are awesome together and that's that! lol.

    And you and I, I tell you...uhm the only ONE thing missing for Santi's Bday is him! lol. I already have it all planned and even have my down payments on places and things..lol..started planning last month! :D

    Love this post...can't wait for Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly how I feel Dianne! And yes, I know your OCD! LOL! HAHA! But that's wonderful that you have found something that can balance that out...I'm sure your bf is very thankful for your orderliness! Miss you! =D


    OMG! Connie! haha! On facebook, that is the EXACT caption I have under this picture! CRAZYYYY!! LOL

    We have our very first marriage coaching class next Thursday, and we're very excited to see where the good Lord takes this crazy in love marriage of ours!

    AHH!! Connie! So much planning for THE 1st Birthday Party! Let me know if I can help! Its def gonna be one to remember!

    Love you ladies, and thanks a bunch for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Casey,
    I found you from my fan page and was immediately drawn into your blogging. Love your honesty and open-ness. Would love to get together with you sometime!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails