Thursday, July 1, 2010

Here we go go!

GAH! I can't contain the excitement any longer! I wasn't planning on launching my new site along with my new price list until Sept. 1, 2010, but the heck with the new pricing- that can wait! Today, I officially purchased my brand new domain name!!

Here's how it went...


Me: *Anxiously typing away* Log In @ www.godaddy.com
Comp: "Search New Domain Name"
Me: *Typing* EEEKKK!! I can't wait to purchase it!!!! *Super giddy at this point*
Comp: Sorry, that domain name is already in use... here are some suggestions.
Me: =(
Me (2 seconds later): #$f(*@$ThhHHfOY@)$U@)HOFANWH*(@!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?
Me(5 seconds later): *mad, hard-core typing* Googles the domain thief!!!
Me (4 seconds later): Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Comp: *Repeat- "Here are some suggestions..."
Me (2 hours later): Chooses 3-4 suggestions, and e-mails them to the hubbster for input.
Me (3 minutes later): "Why in the heck hasn't he emailed me back??? What could possibly be more important this?!?!"
Me (2 seconds later): *Ring *Ring "Um BABE!! Did you get the email I JUST sent you??? HELLO!!!"'
Hubbster: "No...oh wait, yeah...let me check it out..."
Hubbster (2 seconds later): "Mmmk... I tried clicking on them, but they don't work.."
Me: *Thinks to myself* "OH. EM. GEE. BECKY!" *smh* "NOO, dummy!!! They aren't REAL, duh! ...Well, not yet anyway... Okay, this is what happened..." *Annoyingly Explains Story*
Me (2 minutes later): Sooo, which one should I choose???"
Hubbster: "Oh, I'm sorry, sweetie...that sucks...hmmm I like this one, and I kinda like this one, but what about this one..."
Me: "What?? I don't like that one, or that one, and yeah, I like that one..."
Hubbster: "So why exactly did you call me when you've already made a decision???"
Me: "Oh."
Hubbster: "Love you, bye!"
Me: *Glares at suggestions one more time.* *Contemplates buying out the thief's domain name* *Shakes head*
Me (10 very long minutes later): "OKAY. TIME TO PURCHASE!"



[[Moral of the story: Sometimes, I think hubby and I share a brain. *smh*]]


And then it happened. Just like that, I had a new domain name...my very own NEW domain name! (one that hopefully won't get confused with my "partner" photog business. (grrrrr!))


***drum roll please***


www.dreamtree-photography.com
(DON'T forget the dash!!!!!!!!!)
(and don't try and click on it...it will take you nowhere...yet.)



YEP! There ya go!!! I'm so excited to be sharing this with you guys!!
Now, let me tell you what this name means to me, and how exactly it came to be.

Once upon a time...
There was a fabulously fabulous photography student who needed to think of a name for her mini-just-starting-out-kinda-business. "Hmmm...", she thought to herself, "I don't understand why people make up crazy names for their photography businesses... I'm proud of my name! And I want people to KNOW who I am, and know those are my images; my precious work!" Last name, "Ayala", pressed fast-forward on that creative outlet program... Because my husband was/is my biggest fan, and biggest supporter, not including my new last name in my business brand was simply out of the question. However, me and my random brain still couldn't get over the fact that, "hmm...IF, for fun per say, I were to change my business name, what would it be?" And yep, just like that, it came to me...

DREAMTREE.

Now what this means to me...
the very essence of WHY I love photography in the first place. What inspires me in LIFE the absolute most? Love. I've been so blessed to experience unconditional love...the unconditional love HE created. I am His daughter...HIS princess. HE is my King. And thanks to Adam's rib, I am not only a (praying to be Proverbs 31) wife, but I am a mommy- the greatest role of a lifetime! A wife who has dreams of a fairytale ever-after. And, a mother who has endless dreams for her family...her growing family. And a princess, who's dreams are God's dreams. I go where He takes me. And there's one thing I can be sure of... (His) love will always find a way...will always branch out to new beginnings, and will always blossom into happily ever-afters. Just as I have these dreams, so do the rest of the world...children, couples, families...where ALL dreams are seeded, watered, and cared for with LOVE. And with this love, dreams are made, hoped for, and ultimately achieved.

This is DREAMTREE.
My dreamtree.
Your dreamtree.
Made with Love.
By Love.
For Love.



I hope you will join me on this new adventure!
I can't wait to work with each and every one of you...to be inspired by you!
These are the moments I dream of... capturing you, just as you are, in the midst of YOUR most precious dreams...and doing this all while simply living out my own dreams...

...Thank you all for your unfailing love and support.
Thank you for making my dreams come true. I can't express how much joy it brings me to be able to look through my lens, and document your most precious memories with just the click of a shutter. I am truly honored and undeniably blessed.
Thank you! <3>



________________________________________________________

btw. The "thief" really isn't a thief.
They were just brilliant enough to come up with the name before I was. =]


7 comments:

  1. Very cleaver name, I like it. Glad you were able to come up with a good name that has great meaning to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! I think this will be extremely helpful for individuals looking for good names. I also recommend http://www.squadhelp.com for finding great domain names. This site has a great naming community, allowing users across the world to submit domain name suggestions. The best suggestion wins a prize that is setup in advance by the contest holder, creating a win win situation for every one.Contests start at $50 and users typically receive 200+ good name suggestions within 2 days

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome :-)! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Casey I clicked on the link and nothing...LOL!!!!! JOKING! LOL...

    I LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE THE REASONING BEHIND AND LOVE YOU GUYS! :D

    Can't wait!!!! :D

    Congrats and MANY MANY BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're establishing an awesome foundation thats well thought out and not bs'ed. Go casey! best of luck in achieving your goals and dreams my dear!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey!!!
    I LOVE IT!!!

    Its just as amazing as you are and as Jr and Aislynn are tooooo!

    Love you guys

    .Yayma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, everyone!! I'm very excited about this new and fresh start! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me! And I hope to work with you all, soon!! Y'all are absolutely amazing!


    Huge LOVE!
    -Casey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails