Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A new journey | Hallelujah Tuesday's

And here I go again...

"Its been a while..."

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not the best blogger.
My posts seem to be far and very in between.

I guess I can blame that on, well, numerous factors. Most of which, I will not bore you with, although, I'm almost positive if I did choose to bore you with my laundry list of life's events, you'd sign me up for my own reality tv show. ha!

Gotta love life.


This past weekend was a busy one.
I had the pleasure of photographing one of my nearest and dearest friends.  We hiked in and all around downtown Houston, while stopping here and there to chat it up, and catch up on each other's lives.  It was nice, and a breath of fresh air (literally speaking, I wish. the humidity was anything but).  Overall, it was great!

Saturday was also a day of remembrance. I mourned my old life, and I said goodbye with a smile on my face.  Along side my husband and sister, we all took a further step into obedience with God.  After rededicating my life to Christ a little over a year ago, I never thought to have gone through this process.  Yes, when I was younger, it was apart of me.  At least that's what my parents say, and the photos speak for themselves.  But was it really apart of me?  I highly doubt it.  I was more concerned with where my pink Barbie heals were hiding, or why my dad made me wear these horrendous neon colored pants (I know, right??)

I knew of God, and I had heard the happy stories of Jesus and His crew.  I began to learn Easter was more than chocolate bunnies, fuzzy ducks, and colorful eggs.  I also knew the Easter Bunny wasn't real.  (yes, I totally just ratted out all you parentals out there)

But, what I didn't know was the pain and the suffering Jesus endured while on this earth.  I didn't know Jesus was a necessity in life. I didn't know the Bible was full of actual events.  Heck, I didn't even know why I had to read the thing. I wasn't aware of how much He could impact me and my life.  I just knew it was a good thing to pray to Him every night.

But now, I realize more.  Much much more.
I realize He set me free.  I realize there's more to Him than just sitting at a table with a bunch of homies enjoying a great supper. I realize there's more to praying than just saying, "Amen" and "Please do this (and that) for me." I realize going to church isn't questionable, but that its actually written in the Bible. I also realize, that yes, church really is fun. (who knew? eh?) And really, most of all, I realize, I am absolutely nothing without Him. Nothing. Nothing.

He completes me.

As my husband and I take the steps of this new journey, we're excited beyond measure!  We know God has wonderful blessings in store for our life. And we know that by walking with God, the goodness of His unfailing love will never cease, but instead, will only expand.

From now on, I'm sorta done with the whole "these days are meant for this type of post..."
I wanna be free to write whatever is on my mind...
Last week, a friend reminded me that routine just isn't my thing, and really, she's right. Its not.  I feel like I'm confined to a room, with each wall painted a color to represent each day of the week.  No.  I'm one, that wants the walls painted one color this day, and a completely different color the next. It won't be much different than it is now, but sure hoping as far as post are concerned, that's a different story. =)





[[September 18, 2010]]




Since rededicating your life to Christ (whether it had been 50 years ago, or 2 hours ago), what do you feel you have realized the most about Christ?



Happy goodbye's, happy hello's and HUGE LOVE!
XoXo
-Casey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails