Friday, September 17, 2010

Waiting patiently... | Fat Girl Slim Friday's

This past week, I finally made a trip to my doctor.  It was a regular check up, but I of course had a laundry list of questions to ask.  And WebMd doesn't seem to help much, so I figured what the heck, I'll ask my doctor and see what she has to say.

Although I've been eating right, and by right, I mean not every time I pass the cookie jar, I snag one. But instead, I've been eating healthier. In portions.  Cutting out the cokes was a cinch, because really, I'd much rather have some water.  I've also been exercising everyday.

Well all of this stopped last Wednesday.  My motivation took a nose dive.
These 3 month or so, although not exercising, I've def cut back on what I eat and how I eat.

Last week, I hopped on the scale, and not a single pound was gone. Nothing. Zip. Zero.  In fact, I managed to gain weight.  Story of my life, folks.  I began noticing around May of last year that whenever I've attempted to go on a "diet", instead of losing weight, I'd gain it. I'm not starving myself by any means, but instead my eating lifestyle is healthier.  This has been very discouraging for me, but seeing as I've never had a weight problem before, I thought it was just me needing to find the "right" "diet" that works for my body.

However, these past few months, I've been eating great! Yes, occasionally, I eat fast food, but definitely not nearly as much as before.  And here I am, 10lbs heavier.  Yes a whopping 10lbs. T-E-N lbs.


I brought this as a concern to my doctor as well as other symptoms I've been having.  She said, I should have at least lost a tiny bit, but losing not a single pound, and instead gaining it was questionable to her.

I went back the next morning to have a blood test.
They're checking for any abnormality with my thyroids.

I got home, and couldn't help but think, "What if this has been the problem the entire time???"  OR "What if God is testing me?  Maybe I need to lean on Him more during this time."

I'm not scared to hear the results, but instead, I'm super anxious. This will determine a lot for me... If I need to take medication to regulate my thyroids, or maybe perhaps I just need to crack down even harder on my diet.  No cheat days... nothing of the sort. And, the only way I will be able to do this, is through Him.

Tonight, I hope to begin my daily walking.  I mean, although I'm not losing any weight, at least my body is in full action, and my heart is pumping. That's what counts in the end, right?


I expect to receive my test results some time before the week is over (today is Wednesday), and will definitely update on those.  For now, its just a be-patient-and-wait-kinda thing...





HUGE LOVE!
XoXo
-Casey <3

3 comments:

  1. Love you Casey. I am sooooo emotional these days...your blog just made me cry.

    Thank You for sharing your struggles AND YOUR VICTORY....I am sure, they've helped many...especially ME.

    Over the years I've learned that I am who I AM. Fatty girl 101. I don't mind it. I don't care.... I embrace it. I love it. By no means do I try to maintain myself this way...I eat as healthy as possible and exercise..but at some point probably after the age of 25..I realized....this is me. I am healthy at the weight that I am so I will try try and try....that's all I can do.... Hope this makes sense..my brain is crazy these days as well.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your results come out okay! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails